Magui Xhalaat means “I have been thinking” in Wolof. Our individual offerings are the mark of what’s been on our minds. These women joining me (including Jamila, the co-owner of Brooklyn Tea) are hard working and after something deeper for themselves, their communities and the planet—I’m excited to share and hold space with them. Their individual visions are remarkable and collectively, I know there’s a story to be found, experienced even healing to be had for those of us city-weary... What better place to house it than a tea room?
Come spend your Sunday inside this Black-owned tea room in Bed Stuy with compelling Black women owned brands. Our wares include: stationery, plants, candles, ceramics, journals, jewelry, etc. And of course tea!!
Support your local Black women artists, have great conversations, bring good vibes and have amazing tea—Brooklyn Tea is making a special blend for the day! It’s always love when we come together.
Get excited and plan to come!!!
• Urban Permie (houseplants)
• Perry Boyce (candles/room fragrance)
• NUR Ceramics
• Printed Pattern People (postcards with her pattern designs, earrings)
• A Life Balanced (vegan body butters, perfume)
• Tehuti Ma’at community garden (tinctures, herbs, mineral bracelets)
• Vagabroad Journals (stationery sets and journals)
See you soon!!